Kicking things off on Friday night is Hitman at A Dough Re Mi. If you haven't seen Hitman before, then you are missing one of the best blues guitar players in the Southeast. Think Hendrix, Think Clapton, Think Johnson, and roll them all up into one dynamo and you have Hitman.
Then on Saturday, the Lowcountry Blues Club songwriting competition takes place at A Dough Re Mi. If you haven't signed up already, please get in touch with Tommy Thunderfoot (www.tommythunderfoot.net) and let him know that you to compete. The winners this week will play a paid gig next week at A Dough Re Mi.
Also this weekend is Rockoberfest at Awendaw Green on Saturday and Sunday. Among the few dozen acts scheduled to play, at least three acts that are blues club veterans will be taking the festival by storm - Allnightkungfu, Jeff Norwood, and Slanguage.
In addition, if you just happen to be in Macau, China this weekend, stop by and say hi to Shrimp City Slim at the MacauSoul.
Then next week, the Lowcountry Blues Club has their weekly meeting and jam at A Dough Re Mi on Tuesday. Always a good time and some of the best music in the states is played every Tuesday on the Big Slice - aka the A Dough Re Mi stage.
- Fri 10/17, Hitman at A Dough Re Mi
- Fri 10/17, Shrimp City Slim at MacauSoul - Macau, China
- Sat 10/18, Lowcountry Blues Club Songwriting Competition
- Sat 10/18, Shrimp City Slim at MacauSoul - Macau, China
- Sun 10/19, Shrimp City Slim at MacauSoul - Macau, China
- Mon 10/20, Shrimp City Slim at MacauSoul - Macau, China
- Tue 10/21, Lowcountry Blues Club Jam at A Dough Re Mi